Cruiser Restaurant and Bar, Thredbo

Quick lunch at Thredbo

For those of you that don't know, I love going to the snow to snowboard. It's one of those things where I really don't care how much it costs cos it makes me happy....

Anyways, the other weekend past, I went to Thredbo with Ozsnow adventures. Really budget style food, accommodation and travel, but it didn't mind so much since the snow is the real star of the show.

Whilst at Thredbo, I had 2 lunches. One of them was at the River Inn near the Friday flats area. Ozsnowadventures gave us coupons there for $15 bistro meals + can of drink. The meal wasn't too bad, although one of my friends chicken schnitzels was semi raw....

Thus on the second day we decided to eat near the Cruiser lift. Apologies for the lack of photos as I spent most of my memory on snowboarding photos and videos, ahha. But I did remember to take a photo of my meal.

The area right outside the restaurant- Cruiser lift on the right

My friends ordered the nachos and a burger respectively and they judged them as being of average quality but pricey. But this is pretty much expected given that this Restaurant only operates during ski season. It is also noted that because of this, they do not accept any form of EFTPOS, so remember to carry some cash on you!

I ordered the combination wonton noodle soup being the sucker of an asian that I am. The taste was not bad, as I was quite hungry, however there was an overabundance of corriander and a severe lack of noodles. Nonetheless, the soupy wontons was very gratifying after a few hours on the cold hard slopes....

Combination wonton noodle soup
$17.50

Overall, the restaurant has an excellent location, being right next to the Cruiser lifts and is at the end of the Meritts lift, and was always quite full- even though it was still shoulder season. They have a wide variety of meals available and is not a bad choice for a quick lunch if you're eager to get back on the slopes ASAP! Just remember that the high prices are supporting the snow community and the resort so try not to be too frugal about it :P


Cruiser restaurant (probably not it's real name)

Thredbo ski resort
Right next to the Cruiser Lift